5 ways to save:
- Share the Trip. Try carpooling or vanpooling Share the travel expenses.
- Walk There. It might not be as far as you think. Or drive part of the way and walk the rest.
- Bicycle. Go to mapmyride.com and find the best bicycle route.
- Let Us Drive. Hop the train or a bus. Bring a book, read, relax and enjoy.
- Leave the Car Parked. Next time you run an errand during the day, hop the train and save on parking and gas.
for individual help w/your commute or trip planning:
- email email@example.com
- or call 888-4COMMUTE
Calculate your Commuter Costs
Curious to see how much your commute really costs? Take a minute to run the numbers below.
We’ve already filled in the average costs so you can leave them or replace them with your own numbers. How would your costs change is you shared the trip? Commuted by train 1 or 2 days a week?
Now that you know the costs, what will you do differently?
|a.||How many miles is your daily commute (round trip)?|
|b.||How many days per month do you normally work?|
|c.||How many miles per gallon does your car average?|
|d.||How much per gallon do you usually pay for gasoline?|
|e.||What is your cost per mile for maintenance and tires?|
|f.||What is your cost per day for insurance, financing, and depreciation?|
|g.||How much do you pay for monthly parking?|
|Your estimated monthly commuting cost is:|
|Your estimated yearly commuting cost is:|